Now you can renew your driving license online. The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways has been facilitating computerization of more than 1000 Road Transport Offices (RTOs) across the country. RTOs issue Registration Certificate (RC) & Driving Licence (DL) that are valid across the country. It was necessary to define same standards for these documents on a pan-India level to ensure interoperability and correctness and timely availability of information.
SCOSTA committee setup for this purpose had recommended a uniform standardized software across the country. The VAHAN & SARATHI are conceptualized to capture the functionalities as mandated by Central Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 as well as State motor vehicle Rules with customization in the core product to suit the requirements of 36 States.
Documents required for this
- Vision Test Report / Medical Report (Form 1A) – Self attested.
- Scanned photo.
- Scanned signature.
- Copy of License – Self attested.
- Copy of self attested address proof (change of address only)
This is the number of documents required to renew a driving license. Some people over the age of 40 may need a vision test. That’s wrong. Vision test is mandatory for all ages who need to renew their license.
For License Renewal
- Click on Renew Driving License Online on the following website and select Apply for DL Renewal.
- Enter the required information. Once the information is entered it can be used later. After entering the information, a message with the application number will be sent to your mobile number. It should be stored.
- Upload scanned copies of the above documents. The specified size for these files is specified. That’s it.
- Pay the prescribed amount.
- The application process is over with the submission of the form. The RTO then has to decide on the application. Details are available via SMS.
There is a number of services available related to Learner Driving License at the Sarthi Parivahan portal like:
- Apply for Learner Driving License
- Issue Expired Learner driving license
- Edit your Learning driving license
- Print Learning license form
- Book online learning test stall
- Appear for Learning License Mock test
- Sample question for Learning License (LL)
Parivahan Sarathi application has been initiated by the Road Transport and Highways Ministries, which is delivered to citizens to digitise the working conditions of Road Transport Offices. With the help of Parivahan Sarathi, all the work related to licences, like the issue of a New Learner Licence.