Snapchat is a fast and fun way to share the moment with your friends and family. Snapchat is an app that keeps you in touch with friends and family thanks to its interactive multimedia messaging system. Share your favourite events live or record them as video messages that automatically disappear without leaving a trace after a few seconds.
Just take a quick snapshot, add a message and choose how long you want your snap to be visible to your friends. That’s it.
- Snapchat opens right to the Camera — just tap to take a photo, or press and hold for video.
- Express yourself with Lenses, Filters, Bitmoji and more!
- Try out new Lenses daily created by the Snapchat community!
- Stay in touch with friends through live messaging, or share your day with Group Stories.
- Video Chat with up to 16 friends at once — you can even use Lenses and Filters when chatting!
- Express yourself with Friendmojis — exclusive Bitmoji made just for you and a friend.
- Watch friends’ Stories to see their day unfold.
- See Stories from the Snapchat community that are based on your interests.
- Discover breaking news and exclusive Original Shows.
- Spotlight showcases the best of Snapchat!
- Submit your own Snaps or sit back, relax, and watch.
- Pick your favourites and share them with friends.
- Share your location with your best friends or go off the grid with Ghost Mode.
- See what your friends are up to on your most personal map when they share their location with you.
- Explore live Stories from the community nearby or across the world!
- Save unlimited photos and videos of all your favorite moments.
- Edit and send old moments to friends or save them to your Camera Roll.
- Create Stories from your favorite Memories to share with friends and family.
- Every friendship has its own special profile to see the moments you’ve saved together.
- Discover new things you have in common with Charms — see how long you’ve been friends, your astrological compatibility, your Bitmoji fashion sense, and more!
- Friendship Profiles are just between you and a friend, so you can bond over what makes your friendship special.
That said, for anyone to get your snaps, they’ll need to have the app installed as well. As an added security measure, anytime you send a photo, and someone takes a screenshot, you’ll get notified, so you’re always in the know on who has pictures of what.
Once upon a time, Snapchat was simply a means to an end: basically, sending dirty pictures that could be easily erased. Thankfully, now this popular messaging platform has evolved to represent what looks like a major component for the future of social media: ephemeral video messaging.
All in all, Snapchat is a very useful application to keep in touch with friends in a fast, simple and visual way. After all, why send a lot of text when you can express it with a single photograph? A picture is worth a thousand words.