One of the most common ways to reach a bank’s customer support is via Phone. Most banks have a toll-free customer care number that allows their customers to get in touch with their bank from anywhere anytime. Some of the most common ways to reach a bank’s customer support department are:
- Toll-free telephone numbers for general queries and concerns
- Toll-free telephone numbers for debit or credit card hot listing or blocking
- City-wise call center support
- Customer support via email
- Live chat option online through Netbanking as well as Mobile Banking
- Web support via forms on Netbanking
- SMS support for account-related queries
- Branch wise customer support officers
- Grievance Redressal desks
Frequently Asked Questions: Customer Care Numbers of Banks
- What should be done if my card is lost / stolen?
Depending on the card that you own (debit/credit), contact the respective bank’s customer care number for hotlisting or blocking your card immediately. Most banks have dedicated helpline numbers for the same.
- My address and/or phone number has changed, how do I update this information on my accounts?
To change the address and/or phone number on your account, you can contact the toll-free number of your bank to speak with a customer service representative. They will guide you on the specific formalities to be followed for the change request.
- What if my queries are not addressed by toll-free numbers and even email id provided by my bank?
Each bank has a grievance redressal desk which can be contacted in case your queries are unanswered via the call centre or email id. You can write to them or talk to a representative at grievance redressal desk to get your concerns addressed.
- What are the hours of operation of the toll-free number provided by my bank?
In most cases, the toll-free numbers are available 24/7 for customer support. However, for some of the customer service desks (especially chargeable numbers), you may have to look up the specific timeline that they operate in.
- Can I order a cheque book without physically going to the bank?
Yes. You can order a cheque book via raising a service request on the bank’s website provided the bank offers online service. You may also reach out to the customer service desk via toll-free numbers if your bank allows.
- How do I check my bank account balance online?
You can easily check your bank account balance via the bank’s app on your mobile phone or by visiting the bank’s website. You may also use the bank’s IVR facility for checking your bank account balance.
Today, most banking customers can easily dial their bank’s toll-free number and talk to bank customer care to get benefits of ATM card blocking, balance enquiry, bank loan enquiry, internet banking activation and much more. With the availability of multiple channels of communication, customers can easily reach out to their bank for various queries and concerns.
Bank Balance Enquiry Numbers:
- Axis Bank 18004195959
- Odisha Gramya Bank 8448290045
- Allahabad Bank 9224150150
- AU Small Finance Bank 18001202586
- Bharatiya Mahila Bank (BMB) 9212438888
- IndusInd Bank 18002741000
- IDBI Bank 18008431122
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank 8882441155
- Syndicate Bank 09664552255 or 08067006979
- Bank of Maharashtra 18002334526
- ICICI Bank 2230256767
- Deutsche Bank 18602666601
- Bank of India (BoI) 9015135135
- Tamilnad Mercantile Bank 9211937373
- Central Bank of India 9222250000
- Catholic Syrian Bank 9895923000
- Indian Bank 9289592895
- RBL Bank 18004190610
- Union Bank of India 9223008586
- Dena Bank 9289356677
- Vijaya Bank 18002665555
- Banks merged with SBI (SBBJ, SBH, SBT, SBP, and SBM) 9223766666
- Karur Vysya Bank (KVB) 9266292666
- Corporation Bank 9289792897
- Indian Overseas Bank 4442220004
- Saraswat Bank 9223040000
- South Indian Bank 9223008488
- Punjab Sind Bank 1800221908
- Federal Bank 8431900900
- United Bank of India 09015431345 or 09223008586
- Yes Bank 9223920000
- Bandhan Bank 18002588181
- UCO Bank 9278792787
- DCB Bank 7506660011
- State Bank of India (SBI) 9223766666
- Kerala Gramin Bank 9015800400
- Karnataka Bank 18004251445
- Citibank 9880752484
- Canara Bank 9015483483
- IDFC First Bank 18002700720
- HDFC Bank 18002703333
- Oriental Bank of Commerce 8067205757
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) 18001802222 or 01202490000
- The City Union Bank 9278177444
- Kotak Mahindra Bank 18002740110
- Indian Post Payments Bank (IPPB) 8424026886
- Dhanlaxmi Bank 8067747700
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank 9243012121
- Bank of Baroda (BoB) 9223011311
- Baroda Gujarat Gramin Bank 7829977711
- Andhra Bank 9223011300
- Karnataka Gramin Bank 9015800700