The 112 SOS Mobile App is a part of the Emergency Response Support System (ERSS), a Govt of India initiative.
The application is functional in most of the states in India. Visit https://112.gov.in/states
Currently launched in all 36 locations covering all States and UTs : Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Andhra Pradesh, Chandigarh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Mizoram, Nagaland, Puducherry.
In an emergency situation, a person in distress may seek for the assistance of local emergency service delivery departments and volunteers through the App. The App will send emergency alerts with the user’s details(name, age, emergency contacts) and location information, along with a generated call to ‘112’ – to the State Emergency Control Room and the person’s emergency contacts.
The system forwards the emergency alert to nearby online local volunteers if available. The emergency alert is notified with an audible sound/ visual alert on the volunteer smartphones. The volunteers can mark their consent to help and the volunteer details along with photo and contact number will be forwarded to the person in distress.
* Providing single panic app across the country for addressing citizen emergency.
* Providing 24 x 7, efficient and effective response system, which can involve local volunteers from citizens to provide efficient emergency response service
* Timely dispatch of field resources (police, health, fire & disaster management) to the location of incidence using the system.
* Integration with existing emergency response systems.
* It aims to make the operations citizen-friendly, more transparent, and efficient and provides citizen profile management and feedback mechanisms.
* It will also help to keep track of the progress of incidents and the services delivered taking emergency services to the next level.